Do you have family members and friends who are lost in their sins? Are you praying for their salvation? Do you ever feel as if it’s impossible?
Remember this truth: Nothing is impossible with God. He knows where your loved ones are. He knows how to reach their heart. I believe they are closer to God than you think they are. If you have been praying, his Spirit has been working.
I love 2 Peter 3:9 which says, God “is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.”
When we pray for the lost, we are saying to God, “You go first! If you don’t go first, all our efforts will be in vain.”
So how do we pray?
- We pray with faith. Let’s believe God. No matter what you see or feel, keep trusting God. No matter what their response may be, keep believing that God is able.
- Pray for their blinded eyes to be opened. 2 Corinthians 4:4 says “the god of this age has blinded their eyes.” If you have ever wondered why they cannot see their need for God, this is why.
- Pray for their hardened hearts to be softened. Ask God to enable them to be receptive to the gospel message.
- Pray for the conviction of the Holy Spirit. It’s the work of the Spirit that causes us to see our need for salvation and forgiveness.
- Pray God will give them courage to take the step of faith to trust Jesus as savior.
- Pray God will bring believers into their life to be a witness.
In addition to our praying, we must be willing to be a witness. Ask God to lead you to the right time to share your faith with them. Tell them your story of what Jesus has done in your life. Be courageous. Remember the Holy Spirit will give you power to speak. Somebody has to tell them that Jesus has come to save, forgive, and offer us eternal life. That somebody is you.
Today’s Challenge: Let’s make a new commitment to pray for our lost family members and friends. Pray, pray, and keep on praying. Never give up. Never, never, never give up. Let us keep on praying as long as God gives us breath. When we finally get to heaven, we will discover that God used our prayers and our tears in ways we never imagined. And around the throne we will rejoice with those who have been saved by God’s grace. May God give us faith to keep on praying until that day finally comes.
Follow on social:
Click here to learn how you can start your own podcast.