Episode #2 - This is What it Means to be a Disciple
The story of the young man with a list of things he wanted to do for God - found in the book "Pulling Down of Strongholds" by R.B. Ouellette (out of print)
The mark of a disciple is obedience. Followers of Jesus do what Jesus tells them to do. It may not always make sense. Sometimes it might not be the popular thing to do. In fact, it may cost us something. However, it is always the right decision to obey God because we know he will never lead us in the wrong direction.
- Ask God to show you the things that keep you from surrendering your whole life to him.
- Ask God for the courage to put him first in your life.
- How would you define the word "disciple"?
- Have you ever brought a list to God with things you wanted to do for him, without first asking Him what He wanted you to do?
- Jesus' first disciples "left their nets" and followed Jesus. What does he call us to "leave", when we follow him?
- Subscribe to The 5 Minute Discipleship email list
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
- Check out discipleship resources on our website
BuzzSprout is the easiest way to start your own podcast. Click here to learn how.